Monday, March 30, 2009

Kindergarden here I come!

Poor lil Syd! In all the hurriedness to get ready for kindergarden we totally spaced out the worst part! SHOTS! We had to go get them today. Well actally Sydnee did. There was nothing I could do to help her other than just hold her. Very tight and tell her it will all be ok. She was told she had to get four at first. When they came in to actually give them we she was in for a treat. Only 3! Yeah! They gave two and then "missed" on the thrid one. Don't ask how you miss sticking a needle into a leg but they did it. She was so brave and finally after it was all over told me "Now I don't have to have anymore shots until I'm a teenager." It broke my heart to tell her she had to have one more because the last one sended up on my jeans????? So she put on her brave face again and then it was all over. I promised her a toy from Target when she was done. She loves Snow White and found these really cute figurines. That made it all better. To top it off we ran into her preschool teacher at Target and she did not hesitate to tell Mrs. Weber her sad tale.




1 comment:

forsgren@wic.net said...

I am so proud of you Syd. You are a big little girl aren't you??? Those shots didn't hurt very much did they??? You will have fun in kidergarten and will forget all about the shots. Love ya Grandma Great