Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring time in the Rocky Mountains

What a crazy time of year it is. Early last week it was 70 here. Thursday we were buried in snow and trying to make our way back from a wonderful spring break in GJ. Today, it's 50 again & the snow is melting everywhere. Before the snow came Brandon put a small trash can over some bulbs that had already bloomed in the front yard to protect them. He took that off today to let them see the sun again. I thought they were so beautiful I had a take a quick pic of them to share.I especially love the small amount of snow left behind today by the sun. My husband has such a wonderful green thumb. Our front yard just looks beautiful in the summer. I can hardly wait. Those flowers just ooze of new beginnings and new growth. I can't help but think of the Resurrection of our Savior during this time of year and Easter just around the corner. Spring offers that and does such a good job of reminding us how much our Heavenly Father loves and cares about us. Enjoy!




My crazy kids playing out front with daddy sweeping the melted snow down the drain;


2 comments:

forsgren@wic.net said...

WE have that LITTLE bit of snow this morning at our house. The wind blew so hard yesterday (Sunday) that I thought more trees were going to be down by the time we got home from church but thank goodness we are still up and running without any castrophies. Love ya Grandma Great

Christina Brinkworth said...

So nicely put!! And your flowers are beautiful! One of my favorites.