Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Colby's First Poem

Colby has been working on a memory poem/story at school. They had to bring an object from home that made a memory for them. He chose the Rockies foam finger he got at the World Series last year with Brandon and Nana and Papa. This poem is so cute and a little scattered at the same time. I will relay it to you exactly the way he wrote it...



This is ubawt wen I went to the woodserose with my dad. I wus sad. Tat the rockies lost at the woodserose seres I luve you dad and grgmpo and gramo. I luve you seo much I wish that I wus ther I luve you chelsee soe much. and you nick. and you madee and Kabree and look (Luke) and u madu (Amanda) and jeree.



Fordham's seem to be pretty good poets. (ie: Spencer and Haley) Maybe he is one in a long line of great poets.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so sweet. I am so glad you shared that. I love how little kids spell : )
Amanda

Shauna said...

Touched my heart. I agree, he is a GREAT poet! Love you too Colby.